It is the mission of the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office to represent the interests of the people in the criminal justice system, as mandated by California State law. The San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office serves the residents of San Bernardino County by: seeking the truth, protecting the innocent; holding the guilty accountable; preserving the dignity of victims and their families; and, ensuring that justice is done while always maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Goals, Beliefs and Values
- To help improve the quality of life for all residents of San Bernardino County
- To hire, train and support the most qualified staff to represent the Office of the District Attorney
- To assist other state and local law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of criminal cases
- To provide assistance and aid to those who have been victimized by crime
- To ensure that the public is kept informed of the work done by the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office
- To further the success of crime intervention and prevention efforts in San Bernardino County