This marketing graphic may be used, printed, posted, shared, and/or uploaded in support of the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office Super Bowl drunk driving prevention campaign. To save the image right click on the image and click "save as," or you can download the image by clicking here.
As citizens from our county join football fans from all across the country to gather and watch the Super Bowl XLVIII football game, on Sunday, February 2, 2014, the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office would like to remind everybody to drink responsibly and designate a sober driver.
Whether you are watching the game at a sports bar or hosting a party, please take the necessary steps to make sure this weekend is a safe one for everybody on the road. If you see a drunk driver on the road, please pull over and call 911.
- Last year, during Super Bowl weekend, the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office filed 187 DUI-related cases across the county.
- Of this amount, 6 involved serious injury.
- In 2013, 7,337 DUI-related cases were filed by the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office.
- Of this amount, 269 cases involved death or serious injury.
- According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, in 2012, across the nation, alcohol-impaired driving crashes took 10,322 lives and Californians witnessed 802 deaths in DUI crashes